STANDARD REFERENCE DATA PAYMENT INFORMATION
Wire Payment Instructions
All billing terms are pre-payment required, unless exception authorized. If authorized, payment terms for domestic customers are Net 30 days from invoice date, and terms for non-domestic customers are Net 45 days from invoice date.
- All values are expressed in US dollars. Payment must be received within terms to prevent assessment of administrative and late fees, which will be applied at current rate. Penalty charge of 6% per annum will be assessed on balances over 90 days delinquent. No discounts are allowed for early payment.
- We cannot accept a Letter of Credit as a form of payment. Cash payments, EFT, Pay Pal and Western Union payments are not accepted.
- All payments must be made in US Dollars. NIST does not charge a fee for any payment type.
- Call the NIST Accounts Receivable office at 301-975-3880, or e-mail us at billing [at] nist.gov (billing[at]nist[dot]gov) with questions.
- Accepted payment methods are credit card, ACH (via www.pay.gov only), check, bank draft, money order, or wire.
*PAY.GOV Credit Card and ACH
Electronic payments can be submitted through Pay.gov by ACH, Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express, check card, or debit card. Go to www.pay.gov.
Lockbox Information for check and money order payments
Select the appropriate address for all check payments to NIST unless otherwise directed by a NIST staff member:
P.O. Box 6200-12
Portland, OR 97228-6200
- For regular postal mail only:
U.S. Bank Government Lockbox
Attn: U.S. Department of Commerce - NIST 6200-12
17650 NE Sandy Blvd.
Portland, OR 97230
- For courier deliveries and postal services requiring signature:
Please reference telephone number 855-259-3064 on waybills if required.
- Please note that all checks must be drawn on a United States bank and made payable in US dollars.
- In addition, the NIST invoice or receivable number, order, or quote number must be referenced on the check stub/remittance advice.
NIST Gaithersburg Receivables Office
100 Bureau Dr., MS 1624
Gaithersburg, MD 20899
- Non-USD checks, and/or non-US bank checks must be mailed to the Receivables office in Gaithersburg, MD for deposit.
Please go to Wire Payment Instructions for instructions or contact the NIST Receivable Office as noted above.
*Preferred credit card payment method.