John D. Gillaspy
Atomic Spectroscopy Group
- 1988 - Present National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Summer, 1981 Hewlett-Packard, Solid State Physics Laboratory
- Summer, 1980 Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
- Ph.D. 1988 Physics, Harvard University
- A.M. 1986 Physics, Harvard University
- B. S. 1982 Physics, Stanford University
Honors and Awards:
2004 Fellow of the American Physical Society (Division of Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics). 2004 Distinguished Visiting Fellow, Queens University Belfast. 1999 NIST Bronze Medal Award. 1998 Young Investigator Award (worldwide) of Sigma Xi The Scientific Research Society. 1997 Young Scientist Award (local NIST chapter) of Sigma Xi The Scientific Research Society. 1988 National Research Council Postdoctoral Associateship, NIST. 1984 Polaroid Fellow, Harvard University. 1978 Bank of America Award for Excellence in Mathematics.
- International Program Committee, Eighth International Conference on Atomic and Molecular Data and Their Applications, 2010-2014.
- Chair, Local Conference Committee, Eighth International Conference on Atomic and Molecular Data and Their Applications (ICAMDATA-2012), 2010-2012.
- Past-Chair, American Physical Society Topical Group on Precision Measurement and Fundamental Constants (2010-2011).
- Chair, American Physical Society Topical Group on Precision Measurement and Fundamental Constants (2009-2010).
- Chair-Elect, American Physical Society Topical Group on Precision Measurement and Fundamental Constants (2008-2009).
- Vice-Chair, American Physical Society Topical Group on Precision Measurement and Fundamental Constants (2007-2008).
- Executive Program Committee, International Conference on Atomic Processes in Plasmas (2005-2011).
- Chair, Program Committee and Local Organizing Committee, 15th International Conference on Atomic Processes in Plasmas (2005-2007).
- Chair (Session on EUV Source II), SPIE Microlithography Symposium, Santa Clara (2004).
- Interagency Task Force on High Energy Density Physics, National Science and Technology Council, (2003-2007).
- Co-Chair, 1st EUV Source Modeling Workshop, Antwerp (2003).
- Chair (Session on Fundamental Data and Modeling Requirements), EUVL Source Workshop, Santa Clara (2003).
- Co-Chair, International SEMATECH Fundamental Data Working Group (2002-2004).
- Chair, 3rd Annual Meeting of the Research Association for Ion-Surface Interaction Studies, Gaithersburg (1998).
- Chair (Session on Related Fields), 7th Workshop on Fast Ion-Atom Collisions, FIAC, Debrecen (1998).
- Chair (Session Ion-Surface and Ion-Cluster Collisions), ISIAC XV, International Seminar on Ion-Atom Collisions, Budapest (1997).
- Chair (Session on Highly Charged Ions in Traps), Nobel Symposium 91: Trapped Charged Particles and Related Fundamental Physics, Lysekil (1994).
- Chair (Session on Permutation Symmetry), APS Spring Meeting, Washington (1989).
- Highly Charged Ions (1991-present).
- Metastable Atom Lithography (1994-1999).
- Precision Laser Spectroscopy (1988-present).
- Precision Test of the Symmetrization Postulate of Quantum Mechanics (1988-2012).
- Spin-Polarized Atomic Hydrogen (1983-1989).
Automatically generate an updated list of all publications by John Gillaspy that are contained in the NIST bibliographic database.