Coakley, Kevin J.
Kevin J. Coakley earned a B.S. in Physics from Yale University, an M.S. in Physics from the University of Washington (Seattle), and a Ph.D. in Statistics from Stanford University. He joined the Statistical Engineering Division at NIST in 1989. Current research interests include aerosol physics; neutron physics; fast neutron spectroscopy; neutron imaging; astroparticle physics; and computational biology.
Technical Areas of Research and Consulting:
- Planning and analysis of experiments in physical science and engineering
- Stochastic and empirical model building
- Computer intensive statistical methods
- Bootstrap resampling methods
- Statistical signal processing
- Statistical algorithms for imaging