Alex P. Farrell
Mr. Alex Farrell is an electronics technician in the Ultraviolet Radiation Group of the Sensor Science Division in the Physical Measurement Laboratory. He serves as operator of the Synchrotron Ultraviolet Radiation Facility (SURF III) in the daily operation, maintenance and repair of all subsystems, and general electronic / mechanical / hydraulic / vacuum support of SURF users.
- Eugene Casson Crittenden Award, 2016
- U.S. Department of Commerce Bronze Medal, 2014
- NIST Colleague's Choice Award, 2013
- U.S. Department of Commerce Bronze Medal, 2005
- Co-recipient of NIST's Judson C. French award, 2001
- Superior Performance, U.S. Department of Navy, 1994, 1995, and 1997