National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) – observed every October – was created to ensure every American has the resources they need to stay safer and more secure online. The theme for Week 2 emphasizes the limitless opportunities to educate students of all ages – from high school into higher education and beyond – on the field of cybersecurity as they consider their options. NCSAM Week 2 will address ways to motivate parents, teachers and counselors to learn more about the field and how to best inspire students and others to seek highly fulfilling cybersecurity careers.
Engage with NICE during Week 2 of NCSAM
- Listen to speakers Dr. Ron Ross and Dr. Carol Woody in the NICE Webinar: The Underserved Cybersecurity Workforce: Securely Provisioning Our Future on October 10, 2018 at 2 PM, EDT. Registration for the webinar is free. Learn more and register today.
- Join NICE for the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework Virtual Coffee and Conversation Sessions every Thursday in October at 3:30 PM EDT, hosted by Bill Newhouse, co-author of the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework. Visit here for additional information
- Visit NIST's Taking Measure Blog to read an article from the NICE Director
- Visit CyberVista's Blog to read an article from NICE
- Hear the NICE Director speak at the Florida Cybersecurity Center's 5th Annual Conference
- Participate in NICE Working Group Meetings: Collegiate subgroup (October 9) and K12 subgroup (October 10)
- Follow @NISTcyber on twitter or visit NIST's NCSAM page to learn more about NIST Cybersecurity programs