Session I (June 10, 2021) and Session II (June 24, 2021)
These two 2-hour sessions on Software Verification and Validation will focus on the use of Microsoft Excel in calibration laboratories and examine the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 requirements related to software. Session I will provide guidance and resources for ensuring software quality assurance, documenting evidence of verification and validation, and provide the tools for ongoing software evaluation. Successful completion will require a laboratory assignment and submission of post-work, with Session II including group review and feedback on student validations that are submitted.
At the end of this session, using notes and reference materials, you will be able to:
- IDENTIFY which criteria in ISO/IEC 17025:2017;
- EVALUATE your laboratory administrative procedures covering software quality assurance;
- COMPLETE the Laboratory Software Inventory file;
- LIST examples of Verification and Validation techniques; and
- PERFORM and EVALUATE software V&V on a laboratory spreadsheet as 'Post-Work'.
Materials & Supplies:
Handouts and Slides; Good Laboratory Practices (GLP); GLP-15 Appendix A - Software Verification and Validation Form
A working knowledge of Excel with applications in metrology is essential.
PRIOR TO SESSION I:
- Read the GLP-15 for Software Quality Assurance.
- Submit: Any related procedure(s) that are in place in your laboratory for ‘Software Quality Assurance’.
- Submit: SOPs Reading Outline based on GLP-15 (URL is above) to instructor by COB May 26, 2021.
Pre-work must be submitted to the instructors by COB Monday May 26, 2021.
PRIOR TO SESSION II:
- Submit the completed Form A (Software Inventory and Software Verification and Validation) to the instructors by COB Monday, June 21, 2021.
- Submit a copy of the spreadsheet that is evaluated; include the procedure if it is not a NIST SOP.
Post-work must be submitted to the instructors by COB Monday, June 21, 2021.
Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance and participation in the session activities and discussion, submission of course post-work assignments (notes, inventory, spreadsheet and its assessment) and participation in the follow up review session.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for designing, validating, and/or improving the Excel spreadsheets used in their laboratory. For application to alternative software programs, contact the Instructor before registering. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants.
The current registration fee for webinars is $289. The payment deadline is COB Tuesday, June 1, 2021, and confirmed participants will receive payment instructions. Registration fees for State weights and measures metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Isabel Chavez Baucom, Micheal Hicks
Phone: (301) 975-2128
Email: isabel.chavez.baucom [at] nist.gov
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), and Edge (v42.0 & above)
- Mac OS
- Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
- Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Apple Safari (v12.0 & above), and Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in a browser.
- Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- The Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android requires Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 or later
- Some features may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect meetings if one is using an Adobe Connect Server older than version 9.4.2 (required for Custom pods)
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
3. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 13 or higher installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
4. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
* Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.