This 2-hour webinar will introduce the fundamentals of Laboratory Management System Document Control and Record Keeping that are necessary to successfully implement ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
At the end of this session, using your notes and ISO/IEC 17025:2017 or NIST HB 143, you will be able to:
- LIST 3 properties of management system documents that must be controlled;
- IDENTIFY at least 5 types of laboratory documents that must be controlled;
- DEFINE the purpose of a Master List;
- IDENTIFY the 5 phases of the document control process;
- RECOGNIZE methods that are used to document revisions;
- EXPLAIN the relationship between documents and records; and
- IDENTIFY the types of typical laboratory records that must be maintained.
Materials & Supplies
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
- Read ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- Sections 7.5 (Technical Records),
- 7.11 (Control of Data and Information),
- 8.3 (Control of Management System Documents), and
- 8.4 (Control of Records).
- Write a short paragraph describing one challenge or difficulty you (or your laboratory) faces with document and record control.
- Record and submit the amount of time (in minutes) it takes you to complete the pre-work assignment to instructor when you email the assignment.
- Submit any related procedure that are in place in your laboratory related to 'Document Control'
Submit the pre-work to the instructor by COB on Friday April 8, 2022.
Successful completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance, and participation in the session activities and discussions.
State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists and invited attendees only.
The current registration fee for webinars is $289. Registration fees for State weights and measures metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Isabel Chavez Baucom, Elizabeth Koncki
Email: isabel.chavez.baucom [at] nist.gov
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), and Edge (v42.0 & above)
- Mac OS
- Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
- Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Apple Safari (v12.0 & above), and Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in a browser.
- Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player 23.0
The Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android requires Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 or later
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
- Some features may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect meetings if one is using an Adobe Connect Server older than version 9.4.2 (required for Custom pods)
- NOTE: OWM discourages using the Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android because engaging with highly technical content and interactive polls are challenging on a small screen.
3. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 13 or higher installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
4. International Phone Calls
- Before the webinar – Participants are responsible for verifying and testing that international calling is enabled on any telephone extension that will be used during the webinar. Some organizations permit only domestic calls, which may restrict the participant from making an international call to the OWM toll free number. A request to enable international call services may be necessary. Failing to test the international phone service could prevent participation in the webinar.
5. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
* Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.