The 19th International Workshop on Low Temperature Detectors (LTD19) is an opportunity for researchers from around the world to exchange information about the science of cryogenic sensors, instruments based on these sensors, and applications of these instruments. The LTD workshop has been held every two years since 1986. In 2021, LTD19 will be held virtually due to the covid19 pandemic. The workshop will consist of oral and poster presentations, vendor exhibits, and a job fair.
LTD19 will consist of 8 half-day sessions spread over 2 weeks. During the first week (July 19-23), the sessions will be held in the U.S. morning to accommodate participants joining from European time zones. During the second week (July 26-29), the sessions will be held late in the U.S. day to accommodate participants joining from Asian time zones. A detailed schedule will be released later.
Local Organizing Committee
- Joel Ullom, NIST and University of Colorado Boulder (Chairman)
- Douglas Bennett, NIST
- Mark Croce, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Gene Hilton, NIST
- Nils Halverson, University of Colorado Boulder
- Johannes Hubmayr, NIST
- Katrina Koehler, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Adriana Lita, NIST
- Ben Mates, NIST
- Kelsey Morgan, NIST and University of Colorado Boulder
- Sae Woo Nam, NIST
- Michael Rabin, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Daniel Swetz, NIST
- Jordan Wheeler, NIST
- Barry Zink, Denver University
Guidance on presentations:
Here is guidance on LTD19 presentations. This information will be updated as the workshop approaches.
- Contributed oral presentations will consist of a 12 minute presentation and 3 minutes for Q/A.
- Invited oral presentations will consist of a 25 minute presentation and 5 minutes for Q/A.
- For both contributed and oral presentations, the presentation will be prerecorded and the Q/A will be live. Prerecorded presentations will consist of slide visuals and synchronized spoken audio.
- For poster presentations, the poster will be readable electronically and there will be an electronic “room” devoted to each poster where the presenter can interact live with interested visitors.
- The deadline for the upload of presentation materials (talks & posters) will be in late June.