This 2-hour webinar will introduce the fundamentals of Laboratory Management System Document Control and Record Keeping that are necessary to successfully implement ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
At the end of this session, using your notes and ISO/IEC 17025:2017 or NIST HB 143, you will be able to:
- LIST 3 properties of management system documents that must be controlled;
- IDENTIFY at least 5 types of laboratory documents that must be controlled;
- DEFINE the purpose of a Master List;
- IDENTIFY the 5 phases of the document control process;
- RECOGNIZE methods that are used to document revisions;
- EXPLAIN the relationship between documents and records; and
- IDENTIFY the types of typical laboratory records that must be maintained.
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
Read ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Sections 7.5 (Technical Records), 7.11 (Control of Data and Information), 8.3 (Control of Management System Documents), and 8.4 (Control of Records). Write a short paragraph describing one challenge or difficulty you (or your laboratory) faces with document and record control. Record the amount of time it takes (in minutes) you to complete the pre-work assignment and submit the time when you email the assignment.
Submit the pre-work to the instructor by COB on February 25, 2021.
Successful completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance, and participation in the session activities and discussions.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This webinar is also useful for administrative or management staff who help define the lab procedures or ensure items are filed/located appropriately for the laboratory. The concepts covered in the class are especially useful for other program applications, but the focus and activities are on laboratory procedures and applications. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants.
The current registration fee for webinars is $289. The payment deadline is COB Monday, February 22, 2021, and confirmed participants will receive payment instructions. Registration fees for State weights and measures metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Isabel Chavez, Katherine Smetana (CO)
Phone: (301) 975-2128
Email: isabel.chavez [at] nist.gov
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), and Edge (v42.0 & above)
- Mac OS
- Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
- Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Apple Safari (v12.0 & above), and Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in a browser.
- Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- The Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android requires Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 or later
- Some features may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect meetings if one is using an Adobe Connect Server older than version 9.4.2 (required for Custom pods)
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
3. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 13 or higher installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
4. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
* Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.