This 2-hour webinar will introduce concepts necessary to successfully implement ISO/IEC 17025:2017 compliant calibration certificates within the laboratory and evaluate service provider certificates for compliance.
At the end of the two hour webinar session, using notes and reference materials, participants will be able to:
- IDENTIFY ISO/IEC 17025:2017, Sections 6.6, Externally Provided Products and Services, 7.8, Reporting of Results, and NIST HB 143 criteria related to the evaluation of calibration certificates;
- DESCRIBE common nonconformities that can occur when reporting measurement results, including SI unit and symbol errors; and
- IDENTIFY nonconformities and appropriate corrective and improvement actions.
- Read ISO/IEC ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Sections 6.6, Externally Provided Products and Services, and 7.8, Reporting of Results.
- Write a short paragraph describing one challenge or difficulty you (or your laboratory) faces with the calibration certificate evaluation process. Record the amount of time (in minutes) it takes you to complete the pre-work assignment and submit the time when you email the assignment.
Successful Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance and participation in the session activities and discussion.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This webinar is also useful for administrative or management staff who help define the lab procedures or ensure items are filed/located appropriately for the laboratory. The concepts covered in the class are especially useful for other program applications, but the focus and activities are on laboratory procedures and applications. This course is available for non weights and measures participants.
The current fee for webinars is $249 and is due by Tuesday, January 19, 2021. Confirmed participants will be provided with payment instructions. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar.
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7 or 8 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
2. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+ installed on your computer.
- Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
3. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
- Test your connection: http://nist.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
- Quick start guides: http://www.connectusers.com/learning_center/getting_started/quickstart.php