The State Laboratory Annual Submission Process webinar provides guidance on how to successfully submit all required materials to develop a complete and timely Recognition Application according to NIST Handbook (HB) 143, State Weights and Measures Laboratories Program Handbook. The NIST Office of Weights and Measures (OWM) publishes an annual Submission Memo that details the current submission requirements, including the targeted technical assessment that will be conducted by all participating State legal metrology laboratories.
At the end of this 2-hour session, participants will be able to submit a complete and on-time Recognition Application to NIST Office of Weights and Measures (OWM).
- IDENTIFY the sequential phases of the recognition process (NIST HB 143);
- IDENTIFY the general submission and special technical audit requirements, acceptable submission methods, application period, and deadline (annual Solicitation Memo and Table 1);
- USE recently updated job aids, such as the Recognition Application (formerly Appendix B-D) and Management Review Outline;
- APPLY record organization and document control best practices that enable OWM assessors to efficiently locate, process, and interpret submitted information;
- DESCRIBE additional supplemental requirements for 2019 to aid compliance with ISO/IEC 17025:2017; and
- AVOID problematic submission practices that can negatively impact a Recognition Application.
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
- Read the annual submission memo that has been sent to all State laboratory contacts via email, mail and is posted here: https://www.nist.gov/pml/weights-and-measures/laboratory-metrology/state-lab-program-resources
- Review feedback letters from the past two years to identify any requested action and be prepared to ask and answer questions about what needs to be submitted to close open action items.
Must be completed prior to webinar date.
Successful completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance, and participation in the session activities and discussions.
New and experienced State legal metrology laboratory personnel who are seeking to obtain or renew OWM recognition. This webinar is useful for laboratory management who are responsible for achieving and maintaining laboratory recognition. Webinar participation is limited to U.S. state weights and measures officials.
This webinar is for State weights and measures staff participants only. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Isabel Chavez, Micheal Hicks
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), and Edge (v42.0 & above)
- Mac OS
- Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
- Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Apple Safari (v12.0 & above), and Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in a browser.
- Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- The Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android requires Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 or later
- Some features may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect meetings if one is using an Adobe Connect Server older than version 9.4.2 (required for Custom pods)
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
3. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 13 or higher installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
4. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
* Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.