This 2 hour webinar will introduce the fundamentals of contract review that are necessary to meet customer expectations and successfully implement ISO/IEC 17025.
At the end of this session, using your notes and ISO/IEC 17025:2017 or NIST Handbook 143, you will be able to:
- LIST 3 activities that make up an effective Contract Review process;
- DEFINE the purpose of a request, tender, and contract as it applies in the metrology laboratory management system;
- IDENTIFY 2 qualities for which requests, tenders, and contracts are reviewed;
- EXAMINE potential areas where the contract review process can break down; and
- EXPLAIN the benefits of a robust contract review process.
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
- Read ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Section 7.1, Review of Requests, Tenders, and Contracts.
- Write a short paragraph describing one challenge or difficulty you (or your laboratory) faces with the Contract Review process.
- Record the amount of time it takes you to complete the pre-work assignment and submit the time when you email the assignment.
Submit the pre-work to the instructor by COB on Thursday, July 30, 2020.
Successful Completion includes completing the pre-work assignment, full attendance, and full participation in the session activities and discussions.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This webinar is useful for administrative or management staff who help define the lab procedures or those that schedule calibration work for laboratory customers. Administrative or management staff who are involved in reviewing work items as they are accepted in the laboratory, or determining if the work is on your laboratory scope, or associated activities in expanding your scope, if appropriate, will find the contract review webinar very helpful. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants.
The current fee for webinars is $249. The payment deadline is COB August 3, 2020, and confirmed participants will receive payment instructions. Registration fees for State weights and measures metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Phone: 301 - 975 - 3690
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome; Internet Explorer)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
2. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+ installed on your computer.
- Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
3. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
- Test your connection: http://nist.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
- Quick start guides: http://www.connectusers.com/learning_center/getting_started/quickstart.php
- Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.