This 2-hour webinar provides an overview of NIST Handbook 130, Uniform Laws and Regulations, "Uniform Packaging and Labeling Regulation" (UPLR) and the Uniform Regulation for the Method of Sale of Commodities.
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- UNDERSTAND the basic requirements of the UPLR under the Handbook 130.
- IDENTIFY and EXPLAIN how the UPLR is applied to everyday packaging of consumer and non-consumer commodities.
- DETERMINE the appropriate method of sale for various products.
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
In order to receive a Certificate of Attendance, students must be in attendance for the entire Webinar and actively participate in all in-class activities.
Weights and Measures officials only.
There are no registration fees for this webinar.
Email: david.sefcik [at] nist.gov
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), and Edge (v42.0 & above)
- Mac OS
- Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
- Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Apple Safari (v12.0 & above), and Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in a browser.
- Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- The Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android requires Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 or later
- Some features may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect meetings if one is using an Adobe Connect Server older than version 9.4.2 (required for Custom pods)
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
3. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 13 or higher installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
4. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
* Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.