This 2 hour webinar will consider internal auditing techniques and best practices that are used by a metrology laboratory to comply with ISO/IEC 17025:2017 criteria.
During this webinar, using your notes and ISO/IEC 17025:2017 or NIST HB 143, you will:
- IDENTIFY internal auditing criteria (Section 8.8) in ISO/IEC 17025:2017 & NIST HB 143;
- IDENTIFY the steps of an audit cycle;
- DESCRIBE the difference between a “desk audit,” “functional audit,” “technical audit,” and “management system audit”;
- IDENTIFY template checklists and other tools that can be used to successfully document the audit process; and
- APPLY best practices to conduct an effective internal management system audit within your laboratory.
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
- Read ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Section 8.8 Internal Auditing. Review your laboratory management system Audit policy (quality manual), procedure, and associated forms. Review the most recent internal audit documentation (e.g., audit checklist and objective evidence).
- Write a short essay describing specific challenges you (or your laboratory) have with operating an internal auditing system and/or specific questions that you hope to address by participating in this learning event.
Submit the pre-work to the instructor by COB on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Successful Completion includes completing the pre-work assignment, full attendance, and full participation in the session activities and discussion.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This webinar is also useful for administrative or management staff who help with conducting internal audits or review/monitor action items and their effectiveness resulting from internal audits. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants.
The current fee for webinars is $249. Payment instructions will be sent to confirmed participants. Payment is due by COB, Monday, February 17, 2020. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Phone: 301 - 975 - 3690
Email: elizabeth.gentry [at] nist.gov
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), and Edge (v42.0 & above)
- Mac OS
- Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
- Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Apple Safari (v12.0 & above), and Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in a browser.
- Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- The Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android requires Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 or later
- Some features may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect meetings if one is using an Adobe Connect Server older than version 9.4.2 (required for Custom pods)
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
3. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 13 or higher installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
4. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
* Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.