This 2-hour webinar introduces the Laboratory Management Review process, an important tool to foster communication between top management and laboratory personnel to improve laboratory operations to produce quality calibrations and highly satisfied customers.
At the end of (or during) this session, using your notes, ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and NIST HB 143, you will:
- IDENTIFY management review criteria (Section 8.9) in ISO/IEC 17025, NIST HB 143, and your laboratory quality manual and related procedures;
- LIST the personnel that should participate in a management review;
- LIST the 11 elements that are typically discussed during a management review;
- SELECT sources of objective evidence that are used during a management review;
- DISCUSS the value and benefits of management reviews; and
- APPLY the management review and process to laboratory scenarios.
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
To complete the pre-work, participants will need the following resources:
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017 (Section 8.9 Management Reviews) and NIST HB 143
- Laboratory policy and procedure for conducting a Management Review.
- Laboratory’s most recent Management Review.
- If you are planning on opening (or-reopening) a laboratory, please contact the instructor for an alternative pre-work assignment.
Pre-work should be submitted to the instructor COB on Thursday, January 30, 2020.
Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance, and active participation in the session activities and discussions.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This webinar is especially useful for administrative or management staff who participate in management reviews and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the resulting action items. This webinar is especially helpful for laboratory personnel and for the managers/administrators involved in the regular management review sessions. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants.
The current fee for webinars is $249, which is due by COB February 3, 2020. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Phone: 301 - 975 - 3690
Email: elizabeth.gentry [at] nist.gov
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), and Edge (v42.0 & above)
- Mac OS
- Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
- Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Apple Safari (v12.0 & above), and Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in a browser.
- Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- The Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android requires Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 or later
- Some features may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect meetings if one is using an Adobe Connect Server older than version 9.4.2 (required for Custom pods)
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
3. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 13 or higher installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
4. International Phone Calls
- Before the webinar – Participants are responsible for verifying and testing that international calling is enabled on any telephone extension that will be used during the webinar. Some organizations permit only domestic calls, which may restrict the participant from making an international call to the OWM toll free number. A request to enable international call services may be necessary. Failing to test international phone service could prevent participation in the webinar.
5. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
* Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.