This 2 day seminar will focus on the requirements and basic test procedures for packages labeled by weight. This will include, but not be limited to a review of U.S. Weights and Measures Laws, good quantity control processes, sampling, moisture allowances, inspection reports and calculations, test procedures, tare, relevant court cases, drained weight and ice glazed procedures and more. The sessions will include formal lecture, demonstrations, and class discussion.
After this seminar, you will be able to:
- DEFINE the History, Scope and Package Requirements.
- EXPLAIN the Statistical Basis of Handbook 133 and Sampling Plans.
- DESCRIBE What, When and Where to Test.
- EXPLAIN Health and Safety aspects.
- IDENTIFY Good Measurement Practices.
- Properly SELECT Measurement Standards and Test Equipment.
- EXPLAIN the Basic Test Procedure.
- DESCRIBE Tare Procedures.
- DEFINE Nominal Gross Weight and Determine Package Errors.
- DESCRIBE moisture allowances.
- RECOGNIZE the Scope of Chapter 3.
- IDENTIFY Gravimetric Test Procedures for Liquids.
Materials & Supplies:
Participants will be provided with a notebook.
There are no prerequisites for this seminar.
In order to receive a Certificate of Attendance, students must be in attendance for the entire class.
Virginia Weights and Measures officials only.
There are no registration fees for this seminar. However, participants are responsible for their own travel expenses.
Office of Weights and Measures
Phone: (301) 975 - 4868