This 2 hour webinar will introduce the fundamentals of Laboratory Management System Document Control and Record Keeping that are necessary to successfully implement ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
At the end of this session, using your notes and ISO/IEC 17025:2017 or NIST HB 143, you will be able to:
- LIST 3 properties of management system documents that must be controlled;
- IDENTIFY at least 5 types of laboratory documents that must be controlled;
- DEFINE the purpose of a Master List;
- IDENTIFY the 5 phases of the document control process;
- RECOGNIZE methods that are used to document revisions;
- EXPLAIN the relationship between documents and records; and
- IDENTIFY the types of typical laboratory records that must be maintained.
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
Read ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Sections 7.5 (Technical Records), 7.11 (Control of Data and Information Management), 8.3 (Control of Management System Documents), and 8.4 (Control of Records). Write a short paragraph describing one challenge or difficulty you (or your laboratory) faces with document and record control. Record the amount of time (in minutes) it takes you to complete the pre-work assignment and submit the time when you email the assignment.
Submit the pre-work to the instructor by COB on August 15, 2019.
Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance, and participation in the session activities and discussions.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This webinar is also useful for administrative or management staff who help define the lab procedures or ensure items are filed/located appropriately for the laboratory. The concepts covered in the class are especially useful for other program applications, but the focus and activities are on laboratory procedures and applications. This course is available for non weights and measures participants.
The current fee for webinars is $249. The payment deadline for this webinar is August 19, 2019. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Office of Weights and Measures
Phone: (301) 975 - 3690
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome; Internet Explorer)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
2. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+ installed on your computer.
- Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ (link is external) to download the Flash Player.
3. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
- Test your connection: http://nist.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm (link is external)
- Quick start guides: http://www.connectusers.com/learning_center/getting_started/quickstart.php (link is external)
- Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.