This 2 hour webinar provides an overview of NIST Handbook 130, Uniform Laws and Regulations, "Uniform Packaging and Labeling Regulation" (UPLR) and the Uniform Regulation for the Method of Sale of Commodities.
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- UNDERSTAND the basic requirements of the UPLR under the Handbook 130.
- IDENTIFY and EXPLAIN how the UPLR is applied to everyday packaging of consumer and non-consumer commodities.
- REVIEW the appropriate method of sale for various products.
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
Weights and Measures officials only.
There are no registration fees for this webinar.
Office of Weights and Measures
Phone: (301) 975 - 4868
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome; Internet Explorer)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
2. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+ installed on your computer.
- Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
3. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
- Test your connection: http://nist.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
- Quick start guides: http://www.connectusers.com/learning_center/getting_started/quickstart.php
- Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.