This 2-hour webinar introduces the Laboratory Management Review process, an important tool to foster communication between top management and laboratory personnel to improve laboratory operations to produce quality calibrations and highly satisfied customers.
At the end of (or during) this session, using your notes, ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and NIST HB 143, you will:
- IDENTIFY management review criteria (Section 8.9) in ISO/IEC 17025, NIST HB 143, and your laboratory quality manual and related procedures;
- LIST the personnel that should participate in a management review;
- LIST the 11 elements that are typically discussed during a management review;
- SELECT sources of objective evidence that are used during a management review;
- DISCUSS the value and benefits of management reviews; and
- APPLY the management review and process to laboratory scenarios.
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
To complete the pre-work, participants will need the following resources:
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017 (Section 8.9 Management Reviews) and NIST HB 143
- Laboratory policy and procedure for conducting a Management Review.
- Laboratory’s most recent Management Review.
• If you are planning on opening (or-reopening) a laboratory, please contact the instructor for an alternative pre-work assignment.
Pre-work should be submitted to the instructor COB on Thursday, February 21, 2019.
Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance, and active participation in the session activities and discussions.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This webinar is especially useful for administrative or management staff who participate in management reviews and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the resulting action items. This webinar is especially helpful for laboratory personnel and for the managers/administrators involved in the regular management review sessions. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants.
The current fee for webinars is $249, which is due by COB February 25, 2019. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome; Internet Explorer)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
2. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+ installed on your computer.
- Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ (link is external) to download the Flash Player.
3. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
- Test your connection: http://nist.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm (link is external)
- Quick start guides: http://www.connectusers.com/learning_center/getting_started/quickstart.php (link is external)
- Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.