IACET CEUs Offered: 2.8
Class size Min/Max: 14 / 16
Class No. 5513
Time: Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Registration Deadline: Friday, December 15, 2017
Before you request training, you must first establish an account in the Office of Weights and Measures Contacts System. The following is a list of helpful instructions.
- Quick Guide for OWM Contacts System
- How to Reset Password Using the Contacts System
- How to Request Training & Transcript Using the Contacts System-PDF
- How to Request Publications using OWM Contacts System
PLEASE NOTE, your request to establish an account will be processed within one business day. At that time, you will be sent a password, which will enable you to register for training in the Contacts System. If you have any questions, contact Isabel Chavez at 301-975-2128.
This 4.0 day seminar will focus on the requirements and basic test procedures for packages labeled by weight. This will include, but not be limited to, a review of U.S. Weights and Measures Laws, good quantity control processes, sampling, calculating standard deviation, moisture allowances, inspection reports and calculations, test procedures, tare, relevant court cases, drained weight and ice glazed procedures and more. The sessions will include formal lecture, class discussion, exercises, reading assignments, audio-visual presentations and hands-on practice.
After this seminar, you will be able to:
- UNDERSTAND the History, Scope and Package Requirements.
- EXPLAIN the Statistical Basis of Handbook 133 and Sampling Plans.
- DESCRIBE What, When and Where to Test.
- EXPLAIN Health and Safety aspects.
- IDENTIFY Good Measurement Practices.
- Properly SELECT Measurement Standards and Test Equipment.
- APPLY Basic Test Procedure.
- APPLY Tare Procedures.
- COMPUTE Nominal Gross Weight and Determine Package Errors.
- UNDERSTAND and APPLY moisture allowances.
- RECOGNIZE the Scope of Chapter 3.
- UNDERSTAND Gravimetric Test Procedures for Liquids.
Materials & Supplies:
Participants will be provided with a notebook.
There are no prerequisites for this seminar.
Confirmed participants will receive a Standard Deviation Worksheet with their class Confirmation Letter. This Worksheet must be completed and submitted on the first day of class.
In order to receive a Certificate of Successful Completion, students must be in attendance for the entire class and actively participate in all in-class activities. Students will be assessed on their application of all learning objectives for this course.
State Weights and Measures officials only.
There are no registration fees for this seminar. However, participants are responsible for their own travel expenses.
Office of Weights and Measures
Phone: (301) 975 - 4868
You MUST bring a calculator and MUST be able to calculate Standard Deviation. There will be no use of computers.
NIST / Office of Weights and Measures
Missouri Department of Agriculture
1831 W. Elm,
Lebanon, MO 65536
Holiday Inn Express
1955 W. Elm Street,
Lebanon, MO 65536