Class No. 5454
IACET CEUs Offered: 0.2
Class size Min/Max: no minimum/ max 99
Event Time: 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET
Registration Deadline: Thursday, September 7, 2017
Before you request training, you must first establish an account in the Office of Weights and Measures Contacts System. The following is a list of helpful instructions.
- Quick Guide for OWM Contacts System
- How to Reset Password Using the Contacts System
- How to Request Training & Transcript Using the Contacts System-PDF
- How to Request Publications using OWM Contacts System
PLEASE NOTE, your request to establish an account will be processed within one business day. At that time, you will be sent a password, which will enable you to register for training in the Contacts System. If you have any questions, contact Isabel Chavez at 301-975-2128.
This 2 hour webinar is for State Laboratory weights and measures staff to review annual submission requirements for OWM laboratory Recognition.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to submit a complete annual review package to NIST Office of Weights and Measures. This webinar covers the requirements for annual submission to NIST Weights and Measures Division. The session will review the process OWM uses to evaluate each submission and the Scoring Model. The session will use Handbook 143 Table 1 as an outline to review each item that is required:
- Appendix B (consolidated with Appendix D);
- Appendix C (preferably Handbook 150 checklist/form or ISO/IEC 17025 checklist/form);
- Appendix E (preferably in Excel Uncertainty Tables);
- Management Review;
- PT/ILC Follow Up forms; and
- Internal Audits (Quality and Technical).
Additional items will be briefly reviewed and discussed.
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
- Read the annual submission memo that has been sent to all State laboratory contacts via email, mail and is posted in the 'Lab Resources' web page.
- Review feedback letters from the past two years to identify any requested action and be prepared to ask and answer questions about what needs to be submitted to close open action items.
Must be completed prior to webinar date.
Completion includes completing pre-work assignment and full attendance and participation in the session activities and discussion.
State laboratory staff who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the uncertainty analyses methods and reporting in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation through adding this measurement to their Scope. This webinar is also useful for administrative or management staff who are involved in what gets submitted annually for ongoing recognition of the laboratory.
This webinar is for State weights and measures staff participants only. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Office of Weights and Measures
(301) 975 - 4014
The Webcast will be streamed in medium bandwidth (350kbs), so viewers needed to have a constant connection during the webcast.
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7 or 8 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
2. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+ installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
3. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
- Test your connection:
- Quick start guides:
Phone: (301) 975 - 4004
NIST / Office of Weights and Measures