Notes to Reviewers
Security Test Suite for the VVSG-NI, Version 1.0
April 1, 2009
This documentation available from this page represents a test suite for the security requirements in the next iteration of the Voluntary Voting System Guidelines (VVSG-NI). When the VVSG-NI is approved by the Election Assistance Commission (EAC), the test suites will be available for use by voting system testing laboratories as a common basis for testing voting systems to determine conformance to the VVSG-NI.
Test suite reviewers are advised to first read and understand the VVSG-NI, especially the sections relevant to the test suites under review, before reviewing the test suites. The requirements for security are found in Part 1 Sections 4 and 5 of the VVSG-NI:
- Part 1 Section 4:
- Part 1 Section 5: http://www.eac.gov/vvsg/part_1_equipment_requirements/chapter_5_general_security_requirements.aspx
A complete version of the VVSG-NI in HTML, MS-Word, or PDF formats can be found at http://www.eac.gov/vvsg.
Please comment on the test suite by July 1, 2009 using the following list: email@example.com.
You may provide comments directly in your email and/or send attachments in MS-Word or PDF. If you wish, you may embed your comments within the PDF documentation using the instructions provided here. In general, please tell us the features you like and provide us with comments, corrections, and suggestions on how to improve the test suites. Please provide the following items:
- Test suite version number (found in the test suite documentation, currently Version 1.0)
- Your name and affiliation (include contact information if desired)
- Identification of the particular tests and requirements in the VVSG-NI for which your comment applies
- If including suggestions for changes to the tests, a description of the suggested change including an adequate justification for the change, or a draft replacement for the test including the justification and any other necessary documentation or commentary
All comments will be considered. After all comments have been received and incorporated into the test suites, a new version of the test suites will be posted on the NIST web site.
The Security Test Suite is available here in PDF.