Draft VVSG Version 1.1 represents a proposed revision of the Election Assistance Commission's (EAC) 2005 Voluntary Voting System Guidelines (VVSG) Version 1.0. It has been prepared by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) for the EAC and does not represent a consensus view or recommendation from NIST, nor does it represent any policy positions of NIST.
Draft VVSG Version 1.1 consists of the 2005 VVSG Version 1.0, revised with new material mostly from the Technical Guidelines Development Committee (TGDC) VVSG Recommendations to the EAC of August 31, 2007. It also contains changes to the 2005 VVSG material as a result of EAC decisions on Requests for Interpretation (RFI) of requirements in the 2005 VVSG. This document has been highlighted in places where changes have been made, new material has been added, or previous material has been deleted. Typos and formatting issues in the previous material that have been corrected are not highlighted.
- EAC's announcement and links to draft VVSG Version 1.1
- NIST-prepared initial analysis of issues involved in creating the revision, including suggested material to add/delete
- EAC's 2005 VVSG Version 1.0
- EAC decisions on Requests for Interpretation (RFI) of requirements on the VVSG
- TGDC's VVSG Recommendations to the EAC of August 31, 2007