Call Summary July 14, 2017
- Cast Vote Record Subgroup: close to a final version. There are some minor updates needed, as well as completing documentation and some examples.
- Election Event Logging Subgroup: in its final form, but John Wack will follow up with Cybersecurity Working Group to make sure everything is in sync.
- Election Night Reporting Subgroup: conversations about making minor improvements to bring it in line with VIP 5.1 and more useful in an international environment. John Wack will put together a meeting in mid-August or so to go over proposed changes.
- Election Modeling: John Dziurlaj is working on this. Weekly meetings are on Wednesdays, but he will speak with SMEs between meetings to make sure we’re covering ground quickly and comprehensively. Note that he will no longer be sending out copies of the latest model via email. It’s all on GitHub.
- Voting Methods Subgroup: Lauren Lochridge gave an update on work to model voting methods by gathering information from existing legislation and local jurisdiction rules. There will be a spreadsheet submitted soon for comments, and a GitHub repository will be set up. There was also a conversation of increasing interest from states in alternative methods like ranked choice voting.
- Conversation about moving on to more detailed areas of the voting cycle and/or working with states to see if we can get adoption of the material we have.
- Working on making information on CDF activities more uniform and promote it a bit more.
- Working on getting documentation and schema in good shape for the TGDC meeting September 11.
Katy Owens Hubler
Lauren Massa Lochridge
Voting TWiki Archive (2015-2020): read-only, archived wiki site, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
ARCHIVE SITE DESCRIPTION AND DISCLAIMER
This page, and related pages, represent archived materials (pages, documents, links, and content) that were produced and/or provided by members of public working groups engaged in collaborative activities to support the development of the Voluntary Voting System Guidelines (VVSG) 2.0. These TWiki activities began in 2015 and continued until early 2020. During that time period, this content was hosted on a Voting TWiki site. That TWiki site was decommissioned in 2020 due to technology migration needs. The TWiki activities that generated this content ceased to operate actively through the TWiki at the time the draft VVSG 2.0 was released, in February of 2020. The historical pages and documents produced there have been archived now in read-only, static form.
- The archived materials of this TWiki (including pages, documents, links, content) are provided for historical purposes only.
- They are not actively maintained.
- They are provided "as is" as a public service.
- They represent the "work in progress" efforts of a community of volunteer members of public working groups collaborating from late 2015 to February of 2020.
- These archived materials do not necessarily represent official or peer-reviewed NIST documents nor do they necessarily represent official views or statements of NIST.
- Unless otherwise stated these materials should be treated as historical, pre-decisional, artifacts of public working group activities only.
- NIST MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND DATA ACCURACY.
- NIST does not warrant or make any representations regarding the correctness, accuracy, reliability or usefulness of the archived materials.
ARCHIVED VOTING TWIKI SITE MATERIALS
This wiki was a collaborative website. NIST does not necessarily endorse the views expressed, or concur with the facts presented on these archived TWiki materials. Further, NIST does not endorse any commercial products that may be mentioned in these materials. Archived material on this TWiki site is made available to interested parties for informational and research purposes. Materials were contributed by Participants with the understanding that all contributed material would be publicly available. Contributions were made by Participants with the understanding that that no copyright or patent right shall be deemed to have been waived by such contribution or disclosure. Any data or information provided is for illustrative purposes only, and does not imply a validation of results by NIST. By selecting external links, users of these materials will be leaving NIST webspace. Links to other websites were provided because they may have information that would be of interest to readers of this TWiki. No inferences should be drawn on account of other sites being referenced, or not referenced, from this page or these materials. There may be other websites or references that are more appropriate for a particular reader's purpose.