Name: Common Data Format Research Group: Ballot Styles Subgroup
Purpose: This group will develop a Ballot Definition CDF addressing the topic of ballot style interoperability between ballot producing systems and scanners, as well as inform revisions to the Cast Vote Record Common Data Format.
- Gain an understanding of how current systems capture vote selections, as well as VVSG 2.0 requirements.
- Build a logical data model containing the required classes, attributes and other elements for the contest selections use-case.
- Create one or more new common data format specifications implementing the logical data model.
- Supporting references:
- Election Modeling Semantic Model: Ballot Definition
Logistics: All meetings will be held using conferencing software, and members will receive information on upcoming meetings and agendas.
- Name: John Dziurlaj
- Email: john [at] turnout.rocks (john[at]turnout[dot]rocks)
Joining or leaving
- To subscribe to this group, send email to cdf-ballot-styles [at] list.nist.gov (cdf-ballot-styles[at]list[dot]nist[dot]gov)?subject=subscribe
- NOTE: This is equivalent to sending a blank email to cdf-ballot-styles+subscribe [at] list.nist.gov (cdf-ballot-styles+subscribe[at]list[dot]nist[dot]gov) with subject line "subscribe"
- Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cdf-ballot-styles+unsubscribe [at] list.nist.gov (cdf-ballot-styles+unsubscribe[at]list[dot]nist[dot]gov)
- Help: If you have any problems joining or leaving the list, please send your request to voting [at] nist.gov (voting[at]nist[dot]gov)
- General information regarding the tasks of signing up for Google Group email lists, and related information, may be found at the following page.
- This group has been organized for only the above-stated purpose.
- This group is NOT for the purpose of discussing former VVSG 2.0 requirements.
- For all comments or considerations regarding the VVSG 2.0 requirements as approved by the EAC on February 10, 2021, please send those to vvsg [at] eac.gov (vvsg[at]eac[dot]gov) .