CFAST has been under development since the 1980s. A history of the development is available here. Some of the more recent versions of the software are available for download below.
Version 6.2 was released in 2011. This is the last version that will work on 32-bit Windows machines. Source code is available in the CFAST software repository.
- Install CFAST 6.2.0 (11.1 MB)
- CFAST 6.2.0 User's Guide
- CFAST 6.2.0 Technical Reference Manual
- CFAST 6.2.0 Software Development and Model Evaluation Guide
Version 6.0.10 is still available. This is the version used for NRC validation exercises -- for more information, see the US NRC document on verification and validation of fire models for nuclear power plant applications.)
- Install CFAST 6.0.10 with .NET framework (40 MB) - A version of the setup program that includes the Microsoft .NET framework, required to run the software.
- Install just CFAST 6.0.10 (5 MB) - If the Microsoft .NET software is already installed on the computer where CFAST is to be run, a smaller setup program can be installed.
- CFAST 6.0.10 User's Guide
- CFAST 6.0.10 Technical Reference Manual
Version 5.1.1 is still available. This version supports Smokeview and the Advanced Fire Service Interface formats. The source files are also available.
The last DOS version is 3.1.7, and is still available. The source files are also available. The source in the zip file includes graphics calls for on screen plotting. Most developers will want to remove these calls (displayc and below) and compile and run the basic model. For anyone who wants to implement the full model complete with run time graphics, please download the Device.lib distribution available here.
- Install CFAST 3.1.7 (DOS)
- Download Source Files
- Download Technical Reference Guide
- Download User's Guide
If you need compatibility with Hazard I, version 2.0.1 is appropriate. It can be downloaded here. The source files are also available.