- NanoFab Expand or Collapse
- Start a NanoFab Project Expand or Collapse
- Use the NanoFab Expand or Collapse
- Tools and Processes Expand or Collapse
- Staff Directory
- Subscribe to CNST News
In the NanoFab, you can use our extensive commercial, state-of-the-art tool set at economical hourly rates, and get help from a dedicated, full-time technical support staff.
- Access a comprehensive tool set, including advanced capabilities for lithography, thin-film deposition, and nanostructure characterization
- Benefit from reliable, reproducible processes maintained by a professional staff
- Make use of fabrication and characterization services provided by our expert staff
- Access the NanoFab within two weeks after submitting a simple application
High Resolution EBSD Pattern Simulation software now available
Both upgraded FEI Helios 660 systems now available
CNST NANOFAB OPENS SOFT LITHOGRAPHY LAB
Located in Building 216, room F102, the 25 m2 lab is equipped with a casting station for polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) coating, a plasma bonder for surface preparation, a convection oven for PDMS baking, and a laminar clean hood for final assembly. The casting station is housed in a fume hood, which also includes a spin coater, a scale, a hot plate, and a desiccator for PDMS mixing, degassing, coating, and baking. The casting station and oven support substrates ranging from 150 mm diameter wafers down to small pieces and the plasma cleaner supports wafers as large as 75 mm in diameter. Over the next 15 months, the CNST NanoFab plans to double the soft lithography lab space to 50 m2 and add tools to improve process reliability and repeatability. The new tools will include a silane vapor deposition tool, a PDMS mixing tool, and a PDMS punch.
To arrange lab access and training, or for more information, please contact Robert Newby, 301-975-6070.