Visitors to NIST Boulder may access the site through the main gate, between 6:00 AM- 5:00 PM, at 325 Broadway. NIST visitors and conference attendees with disabilities are able to remain in their vehicles for the clearance process.
All visitors must be preregistered and present acceptable photo identification and vehicle registration information upon arrival. International visitors are required to present a passport. See the Campus Access and Security page for details.
Make sure you bring your NIST sponsor’s name and contact information, and information as to where on site you are to meet your escort. Most buildings on site require a badged NIST escort to access. (Conference attendees are normally directed to meet in public access areas.)
VIEW VISITOR MAP
Driving a personal vehicle
- If you are driving, you will receive directions to the building where you are meet your escort from the Visitor Center staff.
- Temporary visitor/guest parking passes are issued at the Visitor Center and may not exceed five (5) days in duration. These must be displayed in your vehicle while on site.
- Parking is free. Visitors may park in any space not marked or reserved.
Arriving by taxi or bus
- If you are coming by taxi or bus, you will be dropped off at the Visitor Center.
- You should arrange to be met at the Visitor Center by your NIST sponsor. However, if you do plan to walk from the Visitor Center to your sponsor’s building, please dress for walking and the weather. NIST Boulder is a large campus. You will receive directions to the building where you are meet your escort from the Visitor Center Staff.
- Bicycles may only be parked for the day at designated bicycle racks or day-use bicycle lockers.
- Bicycles may not be parked, secured, or stored against railings, light posts or signposts of any kind.
- Bicycles are not permitted inside NIST buildings.
- Bicycle racks and day use bicycle lockers are available on a first come, first served basis, and are not assigned to individuals.
- Parking a bicycle in a designated area for longer than 24 consecutive hours requires the written authorization of the NIST Police Services Group.
- Bicycles do not require a parking pass.