Price $50.00 PLACE ORDER
Effective immediately, there will be a minimum $30.00 shipping charge for all international shipments of databases via Fed. Ex. Customer will be responsible for their own duties, tax, and VAT. Contact 301 975 2200 or email@example.com if you have questions.
NIST Digital Video 1 is a public-domain collection of digital video created to encourage more researchers to address real-world problems and support the scientific comparison of solutions of digital video search, retrieval, and display. This collection consists of eight videos, totaling over two hours in length, selected from NIST's public domain archive of marketing, technical, and educational material. The characteristics of these videos include, but are not limited to, different levels of motion (static to fast moving objects), close-up figures (talking heads, moving arms, and moving hands), outdoor shots (laboratory, auditorium, and conference room environments), and various levels and quality of audio. In addition to the base data (titles below), pre- or post-production transcripts are included as reference data.
It is our intent to gather feedback on the use of this collection, the need for additional base data, and further requirements for reference data (or "truth"). Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments, or suggestions. Or, visit the Digital Video Retrieval web site at http://www.itl.nist.gov/iaui/894.02/projects/dv .
Below is the title of each video included as base data on "Digital Video 1".
- NIST in 5 Minutes and 41 Seconds
- Informational tour of the agency and its efforts to promote economic growth by working with industry to develop and apply technology, measurements, and standards.
- Enhanced Aerial Lift Controller
- Describes how the controller may provide solutions to many jobs that cannot be addressed with existing commercial aerial lifts.
- Portsmouth Flexible Manufacturing Workstation
- Describes the Portsmouth Fastener Workstation, which makes accurate threaded fasteners for Navy ships.
- You Don't Have To Be There... Telepresence Microscopy
- The program shows how telepresence can provide the potential for remote, instantaneous, around-the-clock access to critical metrology services using the Internet (1998).
- A Decade of Business Excellence for America
- Highlights the decade of excellence as seen through the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
- A Uniquely Rewarding Experience
- Describes the advantages of becoming a Baldrige Quality Award examiner.
- Aircraft Hangar Fires: Fire Protection Improvements
- Describes how NIST and the U.S. Navy conducted tests on sprinkler and heat detection systems in high bay aircraft hangars in Iceland and Hawaii.
Engineer in Space
- Public lecture which describes a NIST engineer's adventure and research on two missions aboard the space shuttle Columbia.
System Requirements: DVD-ROM drive for accessing the digitized video collection and a compatible MPEG decoder is needed to view the collection. Note: Not for use in set-top boxes. Reference data is best viewed using a browser which supports HTML 1.0.
For ordering information contact:
National Institute of Standards and Technology
Standard Reference Data
100 Bureau Dr., Stop 8500
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8500
(844) 374-0183 / Contact Us
Keywords: digital video; retrieval, test collections