Dr. Yun Liu is a soft matter physicist in the SANS group at NIST Center for Neutron Research, and also an affiliated full professor at the Department of Chemical Engineering at University of Delaware.
Selected publications (Last number indicates the citation number of the paper as of 05/07/2019)
1)Y. Liu*, W. R. Chen, S. H. Chen, "Cluster Formation in Two Yukawa Fluids", J. of Chemical Physics 122, 044507 (2005) (140)
2) Dinca, A. Dailly, Y. Liu, C. M. Brown, D. A. Neumann, J. R. Long, "Hydrogen Storage in a Microporous Metal-Organic Framework with Exposed Mn2+ Coordination Sites", J. of the American Chemical Society 128, 16876 (2006). (893)
3)W. R. Chen, L. Porcar, Y. Liu, P. D. Butler, L. J. Magid, "Study the Counterion Effect on the Structural Properties of Charged G4 PAMAM Dendrimer Aqueous Solutions by Small Angle Neutron Scattering", Macromolecules 40, 5887 (2007).(91)
4)Y. Liu, H. Kabbour, C. M. Brown, D. A. Neumann, C. C. Ahn, "Increasing the Density of Adsorbed Hydrogen with Coordinatively Unsaturated Metal Centers in Metal-organic Frameworks", Langmuir 24, 4772 (2008). (192)
5)Y. Liu*, J. Her, A. Dailly, A. J. Ramirez-Cuesta, D. A. Neumann, C. M. Brown*, "A Reversible Structure Transition in MIL-53 with Large Temperature Hysteresis", J. of the American Chemical Society 130, 11813-11818 (2008). (260)
6)S. Xiang, W. Zhou, J. M. Gallegos, Y. Liu*, B. Chen*, "Exceptionally High Acetylene Uptake in a Microporous Metal-Organic Framework with Open Metal Sites", J. of the American Chemical Society 131, 12415-12419 (2009). (298)
7)L. Porcar, P. Falus, W. R. Chen, A. Faraone, E. Fratini, K. Hong, P. Baglioni, Y. Liu*, "Formation of the Dynamic Clusters in Concentrated Lysozyme Protein Solutions", J. of Physical Chemistry Letters 1, 126-129 (2010).(98)
8)Y. Liu*, L. Porcar, J. Chen, W. R. Chen, P. Falus, A. Faraone, E. Fratini, K. Hong, P. Baglioni, "Lysozyme Protein Solution with an Intermediate Range Order Structure" J. Phys. Chem. B 115, 7238-7247(2011). (95)
9)Y. Liu*, C. M. Brown, D. A. Neumann, D. B. Geohegan, A. A. Puretzky, C. M. Rouleau, H. Hu, D. Styers-Barnett, P. O. Krasnov, B. I. Yakobson, "Metal-assisted hydrogen storage on Pt-decorated single-walled carbon nanohorns", Carbon 50, 4953-4964(2012). (42)
10) Eric J. Yearley, Isidro E. Zarraga*, Steven J. Shire, Thomas M. Scherer, Yatin Gokarn, Norman J. Wagner, Yun Liu*, "Small-Angle Neutron Scattering Characterization of Monoclonal Antibody Conformations and Interactions at High Concentrations", Biophysical Journal 105, 720-731(2013). (54)
11)Eric J. Yearley, Paul D. Godfrin, Tatiana Perevozchikova, Hailiang Zhang, Peter Falus, Lionel Porcar, Michihiro Nagao, Joseph E. Curtis, Pradad Gawande, Rosalynn Taing, Isidro E. Zarraga*, Norman J. Wagner, Yun Liu*, "Observation of small cluster formation in concentrated monoclonal antibody solutions and its implications to solution viscosity" Biophysical Journal, 106(8), 1763-1770 (2014).(77)
12) P. Douglas Godfrin, Steven D. Hudson, Kunlun Hong, Lionel Porcar, Peter Falus, Norman J. Wagner*, Yun Liu*, “Short-time glassy dynamics in viscous protein solutions with competing interactions”, Phys. Rev. Lett., 115, 228302 (2015). (20)
13) P. Douglas Godfrin, Jonathan Zarzar, Isidro Zarraga*, Lionel Porcar, Peter Falus, Norman J. Wagner, Yun Liu*, “The Effect of Hierarchical Cluster Formation on the Viscosity of Concentrated Monoclonal Antibody Formulations Studied by Neutron Scattering”, J. Phys. Chem. B, 120, 278-291 (2016). (32)
14) Yun Liu*, “Intermediate Scattering function for macromolecules in solutions probed by neutron spin echo”, Phys. Rev. E 95, 020501(R) (2017). (3)
15) Wei-Shan Chiang, Daniel Georgi, Taner Yildirim, Jin-Hong Chen*, Yun Liu*, “A non-invasive method to directly quantify surface heterogeneity of porous materials”, Nature Communications, 9, 784 (2018) .
16) Yun Liu*, Yuyin Xi, “Colloidal systems with a short-range attraction and long-range repulsion: phase diagrams, structures, and dynamics”, Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science, 39, 123-136 (2019).