was born in Oklahoma and grew up in southeast Kansas. He earned a B.S. and M.S in Mathematics from Pittsburg State University in 2003 and 2004, respectively. He also earned a M.S. and Ph.D. in Statistics from Iowa State University in 2007 and 2010, respectively. At Pittsburg State University, Adam served as a Teaching Assistant, and at Iowa State University, he served as both a Teaching Assistant and a Statistical Consultant. Adam has also served as a Student Guest Scholar and a Student Intern in the Statistical Sciences Group at the Los Alamos National Laboratory during the summers of 2008 and 2009, respectively. Adam has been a Mathematical Statistician with NIST's Statistical Engineering Division since October 12, 2010. He is also a member of the American Statistical Association and the American Society for Quality (ASQ), and is currently serving as the chair for the Statistics Division of the ASQ.
- Model Selection
- Bayesian Methods
- Experiment Design
- Statistical Computing
- Robust Parameter Design
- Measurement Uncertainty
- Environmental Statistics
- Disk Golf
NIST Project Web Pages
- Z. H. Levine and A. L. Pintar (accepted 2015) A Fixed-memory Moving, Expanding Window for Obtaining Scatter Corrections in X-Ray CT and Other Stochastic Averages. Computer Physics Communications.
- Z. H. Levine, B. L. Glebov, A. L. Pintar, and A. L. Migdall (2015) Absolute calibration of a variable attenuator using few-photon pulses, Opt. Express, 23, 16372 – 16382.
- N. F. Zhang and A. L. Pintar (2014) Monitoring Process Variability for Stationary Process Data. Quality and Reliability Engineering International, online early view.
- A. L. Pintar and E. Simiu, Development of Extreme Non- Hurricane Wind Speed Maps for Structural Design from Meteorological Station Measurements in the Contiguous United States, at the Fall Technical Conference on October 3, 2014 in Richmond, Virginia.
- A. L. Pintar and E. Simiu, A Two Stage Approach to Mapping Extreme Non-hurricane Wind Speed over the Contiguous United States, at the European network of business and industrial statisticians conference on September 23, 2014 in Linz, Austria.
- A. L. Pintar and D. Wang, Errors in Variables and Ridge Regression for Structural Data from Synthesized Amorphous Calcium Phosphate, at the Joint Research Conference on June 26, 2014 in Seattle, WA.