The call for commitments for the 2019 National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week is now open!
Commitments are actions taken by the community to promote
awareness & exploration of cybersecurity careers. Commitments
come in all sizes and don’t always require financial investment. You
can host an event, distribute career awareness materials, or engage
through social media. Be creative!
The National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week focuses local, regional, and national interest to inspire, educate, and engage citizens to pursue careers in cybersecurity. National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week takes place during November’s National Career Development Month. Each day of the campaign provides an opportunity to learn about the contributions and innovations of cybersecurity practitioners, and the plethora of job opportunities that can be found when exploring cybersecurity as a career choice. During the week, learners of all ages, educators, parents, employers, and the community participate in a national recognition of how cybersecurity plays a vital role in the lives of Americans and how building a national cybersecurity workforce enhances America's national security and promotes economic prosperity.
Mark your calendars for November 11-16, 2019! All stakeholders are invited to participate.
Use these key messages to craft your own communications to your contacts. National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week:
• creates excitement and increases public awareness and engagement in building a strong cybersecurity workforce
• emphasizes the demand and opportunities in the field of cybersecurity
• increases awareness around the multiple career options within the field of cybersecurity
• highlights the numerous pathways to enter the cybersecurity career field
• showcases efforts to increase participation of women, minorities, veterans, persons with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations in the cybersecurity workforce
Help make National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week a success! Visit our website to see what tools and resources you can use to help promote the week-long effort to your connections.
For more information, visit nist.gov/nice/nccaw.