We invite you to join us in observing the First Annual
National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week
November 13-18, 2017
The National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week (NCCAW), brought to you by the National Initiative for Cybersecurity (NICE), is a week-long campaign focused on increasing awareness about careers in cybersecurity and building a national cybersecurity workforce to enhance America’s national security and promote economic prosperity. NICE brings to the forefront information of local, regional, and national interest to inspire, educate, and engage citizens to pique their interest in cybersecurity careers. National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week takes place during November’s National Career Development Month, and each day of the week-long celebration provides an opportunity to learn about the contributions, innovations, and opportunities that can be found by choosing a career in cybersecurity.
Use these key messages to craft your own communications to your contacts. National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week 2017:
- creates excitement and increases public awareness and engagement in building a strong cybersecurity workforce.
- emphasizes the demand and opportunities in the field of cybersecurity.
- increases awareness around the multiple career options within the field of cybersecurity.
- highlights the numerous pathways to enter the cybersecurity career field.
- advances the NICE Strategic Plan objective to inspire cybersecurity career awareness with students.
- showcases efforts to increase participation of women, minorities, veterans, persons with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations in the cybersecurity workforce.
Help make this National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week campaign a success. Visit the NCCAW website to see what tools and resources you can use to help celebrate the week-long effort to your connections:
For more information, visit nist.gov/nice/nccaw.