This 2-hour webinar introduces the Laboratory Management Review process, an important tool to foster communication between top management and laboratory personnel to improve laboratory operations to produce quality calibrations and highly satisfied customers.
At the end of (or during) this session, using your notes, ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and NIST HB 143, you will:
- IDENTIFY management review criteria (Section 8.9) in ISO/IEC 17025, NIST HB 143, and your laboratory quality manual and related procedures;
- LIST the personnel that should participate in a management review;
- LIST the 15 elements that are typically discussed during a management review;
- SELECT sources of objective evidence that are used during a management review;
- DISCUSS the value and benefits of management reviews; and
- APPLY the management review and process to laboratory scenarios.
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
To complete the pre-work, participants will need the following resources:
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017 (Section 8.9 Management Reviews) and NIST HB 143
- Laboratory policy and procedure for conducting a Management Review.
- Laboratory’s most recent Management Review.
- If you are planning on opening (or reopening) a laboratory, please contact the instructor for an alternative pre-work assignment.
Pre-work should be submitted to the instructor COB on Thursday, May 23, 2024.
Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance, and active participation in the session activities and discussions.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This webinar is especially useful for administrative or management staff who participate in management reviews and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the resulting action items. This webinar is especially helpful for laboratory personnel and for the managers/administrators involved in the regular management review sessions. This course is also available for non-weights and measures participants.
The current registration fee for webinars is $289. The payment deadline is COB Friday, May 24, 2024, and confirmed participants will be sent payment instructions when their training request is confirmed. Registration fees for State weights and measures metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Isabel Chavez Baucom
Email: isabel.chavez.baucom [at] nist.gov (isabel[dot]chavez[dot]baucom[at]nist[dot]gov)
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), and Edge (v42.0 & above)
- Mac OS
- Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
- Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Apple Safari (v12.0 & above), and Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in a browser.
- Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- The Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android requires Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 or later
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
- Some features may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect meetings if one is using an Adobe Connect Server older than version 9.4.2 (required for Custom pods)
- ----NOTE: The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred). OWM discourages using the Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android because engaging with highly technical content and interactive polls are challenging on a small screen.
3. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 13 or higher installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
4. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.