This 2-hour webinar will introduce concepts necessary to successfully implement ISO/IEC 17025:2017 compliant calibration certificates within the laboratory and evaluate service provider certificates for compliance.
At the end of the two-hour webinar session, using notes and reference materials, participants will be able to:
- IDENTIFY ISO/IEC 17025:2017, Sections 6.6, Externally Provided Products and Services, 7.8, Reporting of Results, and NIST HB 143 criteria related to the evaluation of calibration certificates;
- DESCRIBE common nonconformities that can occur when reporting measurement results, including SI unit and symbol errors; and
- IDENTIFY nonconformities and appropriate corrective and improvement actions.
Materials & Supplies
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
Read ISO/IEC ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Sections 6.6, Externally Provided Products and Services, and 7.8, Reporting of Results. Write a short paragraph describing one challenge or difficulty you (or your laboratory) faces with the calibration certificate evaluation process. Record the amount of time (in minutes) it takes you to complete the pre-work assignment and submit the time when you email the assignment to the instructor.
SUBMIT the pre-work assignment and time estimate electronically – PDF – to the instructors by the COB, Thursday, June 8, 2023 (elizabeth.koncki [at] nist.gov (elizabeth[dot]koncki[at]nist[dot]gov)).
Successful Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance and participation in the session activities and discussion.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This webinar is also useful for administrative or management staff who help define the lab procedures or ensure items are filed/located appropriately for the laboratory. The concepts covered in the class are especially useful for other program applications, but the focus and activities are on laboratory procedures and applications. This course is available for non weights and measures participants.
The current fee for webinars is $289 and is due by Monday, June 5, 2023. Confirmed participants will be provided with payment instructions. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Elizabeth Koncki and Lisa Corn
Email: elizabeth.koncki [at] nist.gov (elizabeth[dot]koncki[at]nist[dot]gov)
Phone: (301) 975-4859
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), and Edge (v42.0 & above)
- Mac OS
- Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
- Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Apple Safari (v12.0 & above), and Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in a browser.
- Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player 23.0
The Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android requires Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 or later
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
- Some features may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect meetings if one is using an Adobe Connect Server older than version 9.4.2 (required for Custom pods)
- NOTE: OWM discourages using the Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android because engaging with highly technical content and interactive polls are challenging on a small screen.
3. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 13 or higher installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
4. International Phone Calls
- Before the webinar – Participants are responsible for verifying and testing that international calling is enabled on any telephone extension that will be used during the webinar. Some organizations permit only domestic calls, which may restrict the participant from making an international call to the OWM toll free number. A request to enable international call services may be necessary. Failing to test the international phone service could prevent participation in the webinar.
5. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
* Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.