PART 1 "Exchange Locations and Vending Machines"
This 5-hour webinar will include a morning and afternoon session, with a 1 hour break in between. Participants will learn about the properties of LPG, where and how it is sold, ways cost and value comparisons (advertising) are being done, the Method of Sale, proper tare determination, labeling requirements, net content verification, and how to analyze test data.
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe LPG (propane) and explain how cylinders are filled, and offered or exposed for sale (method of sale),
- Follow safe working requirements and procedures during inspections,
- Explain and discuss the labeling requirements,
- Identify the test procedures to conduct net quantity of contents verifications,
- Determine tare weights, and
- Explain inspection and survey test results for inspection planning.
Materials & Supplies
There are no prerequisites to participate in this webinar. Completing Part 1, though, will be a prerequisite before participating in Parts 2 & 3, "Verifying the Net Contents at Refilling Locations and Point of Pack".
Watch 12 short videos (estimated 30 minutes viewing time) related to LPG.
Participants must watch videos prior to webinar.
In order to receive a digital Certificate of Attendance, students must be in attendance for the entire webinar.
Weights and Measures Officials Only
There is no registration fee for this webinar.
Phone: (301) 975-4868
Email: david.sefcik [at] nist.gov
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), and Edge (v42.0 & above)
- Mac OS
- Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
- Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Apple Safari (v12.0 & above), and Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in a browser.
- Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- The Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android requires Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 or later
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
- Some features may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect meetings if one is using an Adobe Connect Server older than version 9.4.2 (required for Custom pods)
- NOTE: OWM discourages using the Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android because engaging with highly technical content and interactive polls are challenging on a small screen.
3. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 13 or higher installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
4. International Phone Calls
- Before the webinar – Participants are responsible for verifying and testing that international calling is enabled on any telephone extension that will be used during the webinar. Some organizations permit only domestic calls, which may restrict the participant from making an international call to the OWM toll free number. A request to enable international call services may be necessary. Failing to test the international phone service could prevent participation in the webinar.
5. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
* Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.