Session I (July 28, 2022) and Session II (August 18, 2022)
These two 2 hour sessions on Software Verification and Validation will focus on the use of Microsoft Excel in calibration laboratories and examine the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 requirements related to software. Part I will provide guidance and resources for ensuring software quality assurance, documenting evidence of verification and validation, and provide the tools for ongoing software evaluation. Successful completion will require a laboratory assignment and submission of post-work, with Part II including group review and feedback on student validations that are submitted.
At the end of this session, using notes and reference materials, you will be able to:
Handouts and Slides; Good Laboratory Practices (GLP); GLP-15 Appendix A - Software Verification and Validation Form.
A working knowledge of Excel with applications in metrology is essential.
Pre-work must be completed prior to the first webinar.
1. Read: The GLP-15 for Software Quality Assurance.
2. Submit: Any related procedure(s) that are in place in your laboratory for ‘Software Quality Assurance’.
3. Submit: SOPs Reading Outline based on GLP-15 (URL is above) to instructor by COB July 18, 2022.
Pre-work must be submitted to the instructors by COB Monday, July 18, 2022.
Post-work must be submitted to the instructors by COB Monday, August 4, 2022.
Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance and participation in the session activities and discussion, submission of course post-work assignments (notes, inventory, spreadsheet and its assessment) and participation in the follow up review session.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for designing, validating, and/or improving the Excel spreadsheets used in their laboratory. For application to alternative software programs, contact the Instructor before registering. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants.
The current registration fee for webinars is $289. The payment deadline is COB Monday, July 11, 2022, and confirmed participants will receive payment instructions. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Micheal Hicks and Isabel Chavez Baucom
Email: isabel.chavez.baucom [at] nist.gov
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
3. Media players
4. International Phone Calls
5. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
* Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
NIST Office of Weights and Measures