This 2-hour webinar will introduce the fundamentals of contract review that are necessary to meet customer expectations and successfully implement ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
At the end of this session, using your notes and ISO/IEC 17025:2017 or NIST Handbook 143 (2019), you will be able to:
- LIST 3 activities that make up an effective Contract Review process;
- DEFINE the purpose of a request, tender, and contract as it applies in the metrology laboratory management system;
- IDENTIFY 2 qualities for which requests, tenders, and contracts are reviewed;
- EXAMINE potential areas where the contract review process can break down; and
- EXPLAIN the benefits of a robust contract review process.
Materials & Supplies
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
- Read ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- Section 7.1, Review of Requests, Tenders, and Contracts
- Write a short paragraph describing one challenge or difficulty you (or your laboratory) faces with Contract Review process.
- Record and submit the amount of time (in minutes) it takes you to complete the pre-work assignment to instructor when you email the assignment.
- Submit any related procedure that are in place in your laboratory related to 'Contract Review/Agreement between Customer & Laboratory'
SUBMIT the pre-work assignment and time estimate to the instructors by COB, Thursday, June 9, 2022.
Successful Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance and participation in the session activities and discussion.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This webinar is useful for administrative or management staff who help define the lab procedures or those that schedule calibration work for laboratory customers. Administrative or management staff who are involved in reviewing work items as they are accepted in the laboratory, or determining if the work is on your laboratory scope, or associated activities in expanding your scope, if appropriate, will find the contract review webinar very helpful. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants.
The current registration fee for webinars is $289. The payment deadline is COB Monday, June 6, 2022, and confirmed participants will receive payment instructions. Registration fees for State weights and measures metrologists are funded by NIST OWM. Training requests will be accepted on or before the registration deadline, which is Thursday, May 26.
Isabel Chavez Baucom and Lisa Corn
Email: isabel.chavez.baucom [at] nist.gov
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), and Edge (v42.0 & above)
- Mac OS
- Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
- Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Apple Safari (v12.0 & above), and Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in a browser.
- Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player 23.0
The Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android requires Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 or later
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
- Some features may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect meetings if one is using an Adobe Connect Server older than version 9.4.2 (required for Custom pods)
- NOTE: OWM discourages using the Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android because engaging with highly technical content and interactive polls are challenging on a small screen.
3. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 13 or higher installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
4. International Phone Calls
- Before the webinar – Participants are responsible for verifying and testing that international calling is enabled on any telephone extension that will be used during the webinar. Some organizations permit only domestic calls, which may restrict the participant from making an international call to the OWM toll free number. A request to enable international call services may be necessary. Failing to test the international phone service could prevent participation in the webinar.
5. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
* Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.