The Annual Submission Process Webinar provides guidance on how to successfully submit all required materials necessary to develop a complete and timely Recognition Application according to NIST Handbook (HB) 143, State Weights and Measures Laboratories Program Handbook. The NIST Office of Weights and Measures (OWM) publishes an annual Submission Memo that details the current submission requirements, including the targeted technical assessment that will be conducted by all participating State legal metrology laboratories.
At the end of this 2-hour session, participants will be able to submit a complete and on-time Recognition Application to NIST Office of Weights and Measures (OWM).
- IDENTIFY the sequential phases of the recognition process (NIST HB 143).
- IDENTIFY the general submission and special technical audit requirements, acceptable submission methods, application period, and deadline (Annual Solicitation Memo and Table 1).
- UTILIZE recently updated job aids, such as the Recognition Application (formerly Appendix B-D) and .
- APPLY record organization and document control best practices that enable OWM assessors to efficiently locate, process, and interpret submitted information.
- AVOID problematic submission practices that can negatively impact a Recognition Application.
- Read the annual Submission Memo that has been sent to all State legal metrology laboratory contacts via email and mail, which will also be posted online closer to the webinar date. Locate and review your Management Review(s), Internal Audit(s), and OWM recognition feedback letters from the past two (2) years to identify opportunities for improvement and any outstanding action items.
- Submit one (1) question regarding Recognition Submission and the pre-work time estimate (minutes) to the instructors by the deadline (Friday, August 31, 2018). Your question will be used by the instructors to facilitate a discussion of common Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) pertaining to the annual recognition submission process.
Friday, August 31, 2018
Successful completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance, and participation in the session activities and discussions.
New and experienced State legal metrology laboratory personnel who are seeking to obtain or renew OWM recognition. This webinar is useful for laboratory management who are responsible for achieving and maintaining laboratory recognition. Webinar participation is limited to U.S. weights and measures officials.
This webinar is for State weights and measures staff participants only. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Phone: 301 - 975 - 4014
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome; Internet Explorer)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
2. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+ installed on your computer.
- Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ (link is external) to download the Flash Player.
3. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
- Test your connection: http://nist.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm (link is external)
- Quick start guides: http://www.connectusers.com/learning_center/getting_started/quickstart.php (link is external)
- Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.