Welcome to the website for the 2018 Service Life Prediction Meeting in Boulder Co March 18-March 23, 2018.
The preliminary program can be found here: Program file .
The list of presentations can be found here. List of papers .
Service Life Prediction of polymeric materials reaching new heights:
This conference will establish the current state of service life prediction methodologies and produce the roadmap for future technical, standards, and commercial needs for polymer containing materials exposed to outdoor weathering. This conference builds on the success of the previous on Service Life Prediction meetings held in 2016, 2013, 2006, 2004, 1999, and 1997. The results of this meeting will be compiled into a published volume.
All areas of the service life prediction will be addressed including:
- Advances in Field exposures
- Advances in Laboratory exposures
- Challenges related to specific applications (PV, nuclear, wind, construction)
- Characterization of polymer properties
- Correlation between Lab. And Field Exposure
- Effect of coating weathering on substrate corrosion
- How to Understand Moisture in SLP
- Industrial needs for service life prediction
- New Material challenges
- Progress in validating service life prediction models
- Reliability and Durability of Polymeric and Nano- Materials
- Standards needs
Boulder Colorado is the site for our next gathering of Service Life Prediction. Boulder is close to both the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) (link is external) and the NIST Boulder Campus.
This exciting program will start on Monday with a reception. The format for the talks is 30 minutes for each talk followed by an hour moderated panel/discussion sessions. The mornings will feature six talks and the evenings will feature two talks.
Each day in the late afternoon, our partners at UL will hold a two hour discussion on updating the 746 process (link is external). All are encouraged to attend and participate. Especially on Monday where there will be overview lectures.
This strong technical program features presentations from across the globe with a healthy mix of Industrial, Academic and Government perspectives.