This 2 day seminar will focus on the requirements and basic test procedures for packages labeled by weight. This will include, but not be limited to, a review of U.S. Weights and Measures Laws, good quantity control processes, sampling, calculating standard deviation, moisture allowances, inspection reports and calculations, test procedures, tare, relevant court cases, drained weight and ice glazed procedures and more. The sessions will include formal lecture, class discussion, exercises, reading assignments, audio-visual presentations and demonstrations.
After this seminar, you will be able to:
- UNDERSTAND the History, Scope and Package Requirements.
- EXPLAIN the Statistical Basis of Handbook 133 and Sampling Plans.
- DESCRIBE What, When and Where to Test.
- EXPLAIN Health and Safety aspects.
- IDENTIFY Good Measurement Practices.
- Properly SELECT Measurement Standards and Test Equipment.
- APPLY Basic Test Procedure.
- APPLY Tare Procedures.
- COMPUTE Nominal Gross Weight and Determine Package Errors.
- UNDERSTAND and APPLY moisture allowances.
- RECOGNIZE the Scope of Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
- Understand Gravimetric Test Procedures for Liquids.
Materials & Supplies:
Participants will be provided with a notebook.
There are no prerequisites for this seminar.
To receive a Certificate of Successful Completion, students must be in attendance for the entire class and actively participate in all in-class activities. You will be assessed on your application of all learning objectives for this course.
The current registration fee for this seminar is $300.00 and is due no later than Friday, October 27, 2017. You will receive payment submittal information with your registration confirmation letter.
David Sefcik and Lisa Warfield