Registration will open March 2017.
On August 14 - 18, 2017, NIST will host the inaugural North American Conference on Trapped Ions (NACTI). The meeting will bring together the North American and international ion trapping communities, focusing on applications of trapped ions in quantum technologies, precision measurements, chemistry and spectroscopy.
Conference topics will include:
- Qubits and gate model quantum computing
- Trapology (Ion trap design, fabrication, cryogenic cooling, and surface science issues)
- Quantum simulation
- Low energy tests of fundamental physics
- Frequency standards
- Molecular ions
- Highly charged Ions
- Quantum optics (photonic entanglement, and cavity QED)
- Hybrid systems (combining ions with superconductors, color centers, mechanical systems, and neutral atoms)