IACET CEUs Offered: 1.1
Class size Max: 25
Class No. 5463
Time: Tuesday: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Registration Deadline: Monday, April 10, 2017
Before you request training, you must first establish an account in the Office of Weights and Measures Contacts System. The following is a list of helpful instructions.
- Quick Guide for OWM Contacts System
- How to Reset Password Using the Contacts System
- How to Request Training & Transcript Using the Contacts System-PDF
- How to Request Publications using OWM Contacts System
PLEASE NOTE, your request to establish an account will be processed within one business day. At that time, you will be sent a password, which will enable you to register for training in the Contacts System. If you have any questions, contact Isabel Chavez at 301-975-2128.
This 2-1/2 day seminar will teach students how to properly inspect and test medium capacity scales. That is, perform an official examination by properly applying all applicable NIST Handbook 44 requirements. The sessions will include formal lecture, class discussion, group exercises, audio-visual presentations, and some hands-on practice.
Alter completing this training, you will be able to:
- UNDERSTAND the basic design of medium-capacity scales and some special features of the scales.
- LOCATE references for legal and technical requirements of device inspection.
- DETERMINE equipment needed for scale examinations
- APPLY Handbook 44 requirements relating to medium capacity scales that are applicable in field examinations.
- IDENTIFY and DESCRIBE items related to scale design, installation, and operation that must be checked during the inspection phase
- DETERMINE correct tolerance application for both Marked and Unmarked devices
- DETERMINE the maximum test load to be applied during the test.
- Understand the correct use of error weights
- DESCRIBE and DEMONSTRATE procedures for conducting the various tests prescribed in EPO 7
Materials & Supplies:
Notebooks and class materials will be provided.
Students must have completed the NIST Handbook-44 Self Study course.
Complete the NIST Handbook-44 Self Study course
To receive a Certificate of Successful Completion, students must be in attendance for the entire class and actively participate in all class activities. You will be assessed on your application of all learning objectives for this course.
Weights and measures officials. Industry by invitation only.
To register for the training, participants must register online through the NIST website AND submit a registration form to the CWMA. Please follow the instructions below:
- Request the class through the NIST Contacts System. If you do not already have a profile, you will need to create one before you can request the training.
- Submit nist-cwma_training_registration.pdf and payment to CWMA
Office of Weights and Measures
Students may bring a calculator to class.
NIST / Office of Weights and Measures
Nebraska Department of Agriculture - Weights & Measures