This 2 hour webinar will introduce the fundamentals of contract review that are necessary to meet customer expectations and successfully implement ISO/IEC 17025.
At the end of this session, using your notes and ISO/IEC 17025 or NIST Handbook 143, you will be able to:
- LIST 3 activities that make up an effective Contract Review process;
- DEFINE the purpose of a request, tender, and contract as it applies in the metrology laboratory management system;
- IDENTIFY 2 qualities for which requests, tenders, and contracts are reviewed;
- EXAMINE potential areas where the contract review process can break down; and
- EXPLAIN the benefits of a robust contract review process.
The Webcast will be streamed in medium bandwidth (350kbs), so viewers needed to have a constant connection during the webcast.
1. Hardware and operating system configurations:
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7 or 8 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
2. Media players In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+ installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
- Internet browsers In order to access the event, you must have either Microsoft Internet Explorer (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11) or Mozilla Firefox 3+ browser for Windows operating systems. For accessing events via Mac operating systems you must have Mozilla Firefox 3+ or Safari 4.x.
3. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
- Read ISO/IEC 17025 (NIST HB 143) Section 4.4, Review of Requests, Tenders, and Contracts.
- Write a short paragraph describing one challenge or difficulty you (or your laboratory) faces with the Contract Review process. Record the amount of time in minutes it takes you to complete the assignment.
Submit the pre-work to the instructor by COB on Thursday, July 21, 2016.
Successful Completion includes completing the pre-work assignment, full attendance, and full participation in the session activities and discussions.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This webinar is also useful for administrative or management staff who help define the lab procedures or those that schedule calibration work for laboratory customers. This course is available for non weights and measures participants.
The current fee for webinars is $199 and confirmed participants will be provided a web link to make a payment. Registration fees for State weights and measures metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Office of Weights and Measures
Phone: (301) 975 - 3690
Email: elizabeth.gentry [at] nist.gov (elizabeth[dot]gentry[at]nist[dot]gov)
Phone: (301) 975 - 4004
Email: barbara.turner [at] nist.gov (barbara[dot]turner[at]nist[dot]gov)