This 2 hour webinar will consider internal auditing techniques and best practices that are used by a metrology laboratory to comply with ISO/IEC 17025 criteria. There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
During this webinar, using your notes and ISO/IEC 17025 or NIST HB 143, you will:
- IDENTIFY internal auditing criteria (Section 4.14) in ISO/IEC 17025:2005 & NIST HB 143:2007;
- IDENTIFY the steps of an audit cycle;
- DESCRIBE the difference between a "desk audit," "functional audit," "technical audit," and "management system audit";
- IDENTIFY template checklists and other tools that can be used to successfully document the audit process; and
- APPLY best practices to conduct an effective internal management system audit within your laboratory.
The Webcast will be streamed in medium bandwidth (350kbs), so viewers needed to have a constant connection during the webcast.
- Hardware and operating system configurations:
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7 or 8 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
- Read: ISO/IEC 17025 (NIST HB 143) Section 4.14 Internal Auditing (http://www.nist.gov/pml/wmd/pubs/upload/hb143_2007_final.pdf).
- Review your laboratory management system Audit policy (quality manual), procedure, and associated forms.
- Review the most recent internal audit documentation (e.g., audit checklist and objective evidence).
- Write a short essay describing specific challenges you (or your laboratory) have with operating an internal auditing system and/or specific questions that you hope to address by participating in this learning event.
Submit the pre-work to the instructor by COB on Thursday, February 18, 2016.
Successful Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance and full participation in the session activities and discussion.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants. This webinar is also useful for administrative or management staff who help with conducting internal audits or review/monitor action items and their effectiveness resulting from internal audits.
The current fee for webinars is $199 and confirmed participants will be provided a link to make a payment. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Office of Weights and Measures
Phone: (301) 975 - 3690