Other Forensic Science News, Events & Training
OSAC at AAFS
The American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS) 74th Annual Scientific Conference will be held February 21-25 in Seattle, WA. AAFS 2022 will be a hybrid event, offering both in-person and virtual attendance options. Mark your calendar for these OSAC and standards-related presentations, workshops, and seminars.
Forensic Toxicology Webinar
Shimadzu is hosting a webinar, Validating a Postmortem Forensic Volatile Analysis Method by HS-GS-FID to ANSI/ASB Standard 036 on February 9, 2022. A standard on the OSAC Registry, ANSI/ASB 036, Standard Practices for Method Validation in Forensic Toxicology, delineates minimum standards of practice for validating analytical methods in forensic toxicology that target specific analytes or analyte classes.
Center for Statistics and Applications in Forensic Evidence
Upcoming CSAFE events:
- WEBINAR: Improving Forensic Decision Making: A Human-Cognitive Perspective | February 17, 2022 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. CST
- WEBINAR: Modeling and iNventory of Tread Impression System (MANTIS): The Development, Deployment and Application of an Active Footwear Data Collection System | March 24, 2022 | 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CDT
- WEBINAR: Shining a Light on Black Box Studies | April 22, 2022 | 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CDT
- WEBINAR: Extracting Case-specific Information from Validation Studies | May 10, 2022 | 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CDT
- SHORT COURSE: Sampling for Forensic Practitioners. This three-part short course focuses on populations, sampling frames, sampling methods and geometric sampling. The course will meet on March 25, April 1 and April 8 from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. central time.
Forensic Technology Center of Excellence
Upcoming FTCoE events:
- WEBINAR: A Unique Approach to a Crime Gun Intelligence Center with the Inclusion and Support of SD Virtual Comparisons | February 10, 2022 | 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. EST
- WEBINAR: U.S. National Footwear Database System Feasibility Study | February 15, 2022 | 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EST
- VIRTUAL EVENT: 2022 NIJ Forensic Science R&D Symposium | March 1-2, 2022 | 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. EST
National Institute of Justice
The National Institute of Justice’s (NIJ) forensic list provides email alerts on the latest NIJ awards, solicitations, events, and publications.