Project Manager: Robin Materese
Writers*: Alex Boss, Mark Esser, Jonathan Griffin
Editors: Ben P. Stein, Robin Materese
Art: Natasha Hanacek, Brandon Hayes
Video**: Jenny Wang, David Stewart
Web Design: Paul Hernandez
Copy Editing: Sarah Henderson
Science Consultants: Denis Bergeron, Tina Butcher, Johanna Camara, Steve Choquette, Tom Cleary, Regina Easley, Georgia Harris, Richard Harshman, Sam Ho, Carol Johnson, Vincent Lee, Jacki Murray, Wyatt Miller, Andrew Novick, Melissa Phillips, Karen Phinney, Mike Riley, Meghan Shilling, Aaron Urbas, Jason Waters, John Wright, Justin Zook
Do you have feedback about this site? Questions you'd like us to answer? Please contact HDYMI editor benjamin.stein [at] nist.gov (Ben P. Stein). Your question could show up in a future update to this site!
- How Do You Know Your Food’s Nutrition Label Is Accurate?
- How Do You Measure the Depth of the Ocean?
- How Do You Measure the Percentage of Alcohol in Beer, Wine and Other Beverages?
- How Do You Measure the Acidity (pH) of the Ocean?
- How Do You Measure the 'Heat' of a Pepper?
- How Do Companies Measure DNA to Discover Your Ancestry?
- How Do You Measure Cholesterol in Blood Tests?
- How Do You Measure Your Location Using GPS?
- How Do You Measure the Age of Things?
- How Do Smoke Alarms Detect Fires?
- How Do You Measure the Thrust of a Rocket Engine?
- How Do You Measure the Performance of Body Armor?
- How Do We Measure Time?
- How Do You Know You’re Getting What You Pay For at the Grocery Store?
- How Do You Measure Air Temperature Accurately?
- How Do You Ensure That a Tape Measure Is Accurate?
- How Do You Detect Carbon Monoxide?
** Video Credits
- Ballistics Testing at NIST