The Panel will develop products, such as guidance, best practices, project plans, case studies, and recommendations to address specific resilience topics or gaps in current codes and standards. The Panel will also develop and maintain a Resilience Knowledge Base (RKB) of informative reference materials and products for communities. For additional information on how to join go to https://crpanel.nist.gov
The Panel is a forum to achieve broad stakeholder collaboration and consensus around goals and actions needed to achieve community resilience and to derive benefits from that improved resilience. The Panel will carry out its mission by:
- Creating a forum to achieve broad stakeholder collaboration and consensus around goals and actions needed to achieve community resilience.
- Evaluating existing metrics and standards to determine where improvements can be made to enhance resilience.
- Identifying methods that can improve the resilience of communities by considering the adequacy of codes and standards.
- Participating in the development coordination and harmonization of guidelines, best practices, and other tools that enhance the performance of buildings and infrastructure systems.
- Developing and maintaining a RKB, a publicly accessible repository of information and reference materials to support communities in enhancing their resilience.
How the Panel Works
Panel members will participate in an open, transparent process. All meetings will be open to anyone, and all progress will be reported online. More than 350 members have joined already.
Previous Panel Meetings