To be eligible for a cash prize:
- A Participant (whether an individual, team, or legal entity) must have registered to participate and complied with all of the requirements under section 3719 of title 15, United States Code as contained herein.
- At the time of Entry, the Official Representative (individual or team lead, in the case of a group project) must be age 18 or older and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its territories.
- In the case of a private entity, the business shall be incorporated in and maintain a primary place of business in the United States or its territories.
- Participants may not be a Federal entity or Federal employee acting within the scope of their employment. NIST employees are not eligible to participate. Non-NIST Federal employees acting in their personal capacities should consult with their respective agency ethics officials to determine whether their participation in this Competition is permissible.
- A Participant shall not be deemed ineligible because the Participant consulted with Federal employees or used Federal facilities in preparing its submission to the ARIAC Prize Competition if the Federal employees and facilities are made available to all Participants on an equitable basis.
In addition, interested Participants who do not meet the eligibility requirements to win a prize (i.e., individuals who are neither a US citizen nor a permanent resident of the United States or non-US-based entities) are encouraged to participate in the Competition. They are invited to register on the ARIAC website and download the training material. The performance obtained by these Participants will be displayed on the ARIAC website in the same manner as the performance obtained by Participants who are eligible to win cash prizes.
View the entire Official Rules