**********Update: 8/8/2019 - The 2018 Disaster Resilience Research Grants Program has made its selection **********
For the complete list of award recipients click here.
NIST is committed to advancing resilience in the built environment, from codes and standards to building design and construction. The National Academies described disaster resilience as "a national imperative" in its 2012 report . As such, research and development programs within Federal agencies, including NIST, have been targeting advancing disaster resilience.
NIST released a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) on June 28, 2018 to help further its commitment to enhancing the nation's built resilient infrastructure. The Disaster Resilience (DR) Research Grants Program sought applications from eligible applicants to conduct research aimed at advancing the principles of resilience in building design and building codes and standards. Research proposals must have supported the overall effort of developing science-based building codes by evaluating potential technologies and architectural design criteria to improve disaster resilience in the built environment. Research projects must have aligned with NIST work in:
- Wildland Urban Interface Fire Program
- Structural Performance under Multi-Hazard Program
- National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program
- Disaster and Failure Studies Program
This page provides additional information and reminders that may prove helpful to those with an interest in applying. All applications must be submitted through Grants.gov.
View 2018-NIST-DR-01 NOFO here. Please review the NOFO carefully to ensure that your application meets all requirements to be considered complete and responsive.
- Disaster Resilience Webinar for potential applicant was held July 11, 2018. The presentation and a recording of the event can be found at the embedded link.
- NIST will host a Disaster Resilience Symposium showcasing awardees and federal research from topic areas related to the 2016-NIST-DR-01.
- 2018-NIST-DR-01 was released on June 28, 2018. The full NOFO can be found on Grants.gov.
- 2016-NIST-DR-01 was released July 26, 2016. This competition has closed and awards have been made. Additional grant opportunities can be found on Grants.gov (http://www.grants.gov/).
- Disaster Resilience Symposium:
- The symposium will be held on August 7-8, 2018. Please see the Disaster Resilience Symposium page for more information and registration details.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Questions Not Answered In The FAQ: Refer to the NOFO for a list of agency contacts or e-mail EL_AgreementsSpecialist@nist.gov.
- Automated Standard Application for Payments (ASAP) - secure, web-based all electronic payment and information application for federal agencies and their recipients.
- Department of Commerce Financial Assistance Standard Terms and Conditions, dated December 26, 2014.
- Department of Commerce Grants and Cooperative Agreements Manual, dated October 24, 2016.
- OMB Uniform Guidance 2 CFR Part 200 - Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.
- Submit a Pre-Application
- Get a D-U-N-S® Number
- Employer Identification Number, Understanding Your EIN (PUBS 1635)
- Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) Online
- Human Subjects Regulations
- Live Vertebrate Animals, "Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals," National Research Council, National Academy Press.
- System for Award Management (SAM) - Registration
**********Update: 8/6/2019 - The 2018 Disaster Resilience Research Grants Program announcements have been unexpectedly delayed. Notification will be made to all applicants as soon as possible, with an anticipated date of August 8th, 2019. All applicants will be notified of their status in accordance with 2018-NIST-DR NOFO.**********
**********Update: 7/12/2019 - The 2018 Disaster Resilience Research Grants Program is on track to meet the anticipated award date of August 1st, 2019. All applicants will be notified of their status in accordance with 2018-NIST-DR NOFO.**********
**********UPDATE: 5/7/2019 - The 2018 Disaster Resilience Research Grant Program Selecting Official has made their funding selection recommendations and they are being forwarded for review and award. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified in accordance with the NOFO, see section V.5.b.************
**********UPDATE: 4/5/2019 - The 2018 Disaster Resilience Research Grant Program has moved to the Selection Phase. Please stay tuned for updates and award information.************
**********Notice to the public: The 2018 Disaster Resilience Research Grants Program, 2018-NIST-DR, has been delayed. The new anticipated award date will be on or about August 1st, 2019. **********